The European Diagnostic Manufacturers Association (EDMA) elected a new Executive Committee at the EDMA General Assembly held last 2 December 2015 at the Dolce La Hulpe in Belgium.
Jürgen Schulze was re-elected as president of the EDMA Executive Committee representing the German Association, Verband der Diagnostica-Industrie (VDGH). He is also currently the CEO and President of SYSMEX Europe, Middle East and Africa and an Executive Officer of SYSMEX CORP (Japan).
Philippe Jacon was also re-elected as Vice President. Philippe Jacon is the President -Emerging Markets at Cepheid.
Benny Ons, now representing the Netherlands association DIAGNED, will remain as Treasurer. Benny Ons is currently the Director of Regulatory Affairs at BD Diagnostics and BD Biosciences Europe.
EDMA also welcomes five new members to the Executive Committee:
- Markus Ott
- Global Head Market Access, Policy & Pricing - Governmental Relationships at Bayer
- Representing the Swiss association - SVDI
- Jaume Serra
- VP European Subsidiaries at Werfen
- Representing the Spanish association FENIN
- Norbert Krysiuk
- Country Manager Vice president of the Board of BIOMEDICA
- Representing the Polish association IPDDL
- Kerstin Wagner
- General Manager Laboratory Diagnostics CEMEA
- Representing Siemens
- Yasha Mitrotti
- Corporate Vice President, Europe, Middle East, Africa & Global Commercial Performance
- Representing bioMérieux
The EDMA Executive Committee would like to thank Michel Bonnier from bioMérieux, Stefan Wolf from Siemens, Claudia Geis for SVDI, David Horne for BIVDA and Tadeusz Tuora for IPDDL for their vital contributions to the committee.
For more information visit the EDMA board page in the MedTech Europe website.