Interoperability standards in digital health
2021-10-18 - 2021-10-18
Lack of interoperability is widely acknowledged to be a critical barrier for the adoption and deployment of digital health technologies and for the digital transformation of healthcare. Addressing and overcoming this barrier requires awareness and cooperation among all stakeholders. This should start with a shared understanding of the relevant interoperability standards in digital health. To advance this understanding, MedTech Europe, in collaboration with COCIR, has published a white paper titled “Interoperability standards in digital health“.
The white paper presents a medical technology industry perspective on the standards, profiles, and specifications relevant to digital health and provides insight into how they relate to interoperability needs. The paper is intended for companies in the medical technology industry, policymakers at all levels (European and international, national, regional, and municipal), decision-makers in provider organisations, and all other interested stakeholders.
You can access the white paper here.
Alongside the publication of the White Paper, MedTech Europe and COCIR will host a webinar on 18 October at 16:00-17:00 CEST to discuss and exchange ideas on the current interoperability landscape in the EU and what needs to be done to break down barriers for the adoption of interoperability standards in digital health.
Interested stakeholders are encouraged to register for this event here and can find a detailed outline of the event below.
- Michael Strübin, MedTech Europe Director Digital Health
- Danny Van Roijen, COCIR Digital Health Director
The White Paper: key content and intent
- Paul Coebergh van den Braak, MTE Chair Interoperability WG, Philips
Panel of stakeholders
- Ceri Thompson, Deputy Head of eHealth, WellBeing & Ageing Unit (H.3), DG Connect, European Commission
- Ron Roozendaal, eHealth Network co-chair and CIO, Dutch Ministry of Health
- Amit Trivedi, Director – Informatics & Health IT Standards, HIMSS
- Sabine Dörhöfer, MTE Vice Chair Interoperability WG, Roche
- Andreas Klingler, COCIR EHR & Interoperability FG Chair, Siemens Healthineers
Q&A with audience