MedTech Europe event on “AI in medical technologies – Improving healthcare systems and patient outcomes”
Posted on 11.08.2022
MedTech Europe will hold an event titled “AI in medical technologies – Improving healthcare systems and patient outcomes” taking place on 10 October 2022 from 14:30 – 19:00 CET. The event aims to discuss the benefits of AI throughout the healthcare systems and will provide an outlook on an AI regulatory system that works both for patients and fosters health innovation. Speakers will join from the European institutions, the medical technology industry, patient and healthcare professional representatives and healthcare insurance. The event will take place at the Thon EU Hotel Brussels.
Please note that this is an invitation only event.
15:00 – 15:10 Welcome by Aleksandra Appelfeld, Philips, Chair of MedTech Europe Digital Health Committee
15:10 – 16:10 Panel I: The benefits of AI throughout the healthcare system
- Wim Oyen, Board Member, European Cancer Organisation
- Corinna Hartrampf, Senior project manager, AIM Mutual
- Viktoriia Shportiuk, Siemens Healthineers, Chair of MedTech Europe AI Working Group
16:10 – 17:25 Panel II: An AI regulatory system that works for patients and health innovation
- Salvatore Scalzo, Policy and Legal Officer, Artificial Intelligence Policy Development and Coordination, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Erik Vollebregt, Lawyer and Founding Partner, Axon Lawyers; author of medicaldeviceslegal.com
- Natalie Gladkov, Officer Digital Medical Devices, German medical technology association (BVMed)
17: 25 – 17:30 Closing by Sanziana Negreanu Arboreanu, Johnson & Johnson, Vice-Chair of AI MedTech Europe Working Group
The event will be moderated by Birgit Beger, CEO, European Heart Network (EHN)
17:30 – 19:00 Networking reception