MedTech Europe’s Blogs- March Highlights!
Posted on 04.04.2018
This is MedTech and MedTech Views are two MedTech Europe’s blog platforms which aim to raise awareness about the Value of Medical Technologies. They give the opportunity to various stakeholders (e.g. healthcare professionals, key health actors, policy makers, patients, etc.) to voice their opinion on many healthcare topics.
For more information, please contact Marie-Hélène Lattes.
This Is Medtech – a platform for real stories of people’s lives transformed by MedTech
MedTech Europe has a platform to share real and emotional stories of people whose lives have been transformed by medical technologies: This Is MedTech.
This Is MedTech is all about explaining what medical technologies are and what value they bring to the patient within each one of us. The stories focus on people and on their drive to get better – and look at how MedTech can help.
Check out the campaigns for the month of March on ‘This is MedTech’ shedding light upon important health awareness days.
- Blog related to the Early Diagnosis campaign and World Hearing Day: Diagnosing severe hearing loss and deafness by By Patrick D’Haese from MED-EL.
- Patient story related to the International Women’s Day and World Kidney Day: Donating a kidney to save your best friend.
- Patient story related to the Brain Awareness Week: How a brain implant gave a Parkinson’s patient a new lease on life.
- Patient story related to the World TB Day: Fighting for a TB-free world.
MedTech Views – a platform to promote the knowledge and understanding of our industry
MedTech Views is a platform to create a dialogue about medical technologies.
On this blog platform, you will find views from healthcare professionals, public policy experts, social innovators, third party experts, key health actors and many others.
Here’s the one of the latest MedTech Views’ blog highlighting a perspective about Artificial Intelligence Predicting a patient’s health path and changing their behaviour, through the adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) by Sorin Stircu from E*HealthLine
MedTech Europe is running a campaign on Early Diagnosis on the MedTech Views blog platform. Early diagnosis and care can prevent illness from developing and slow disease progression. Lab tests, genetic tests, tests for chronic diseases and modern lab diagnostics can help facilitate earlier intervention and improves outcomes for patients and are increasingly valuable in informing treatment choice.
- Read the latest blog from the Early Diagnosis campaign and World Kidney Day: Kidney Disease: catch it early to save lives and money by Julie Chaney, PhD, and Jeffrey Mayfield, PhD, from Siemens Healthineers.
- MedTech Views’ blog related to European Regulation: Invest! Lead! Engage! Let’s Make Europe’s New Regulatory System Work by Oliver Bisazza from MedTech Europe.
- MedTech Views’ blog related to Czechmed’s 20th anniversay: Czech medtech: two decades of change by Miroslav Palát from Czechmed.