MedTech Europe elects new Board of Directors
Posted on 30.11.2017
30 November 2017 – MedTech Europe elected this afternoon a new Board of Directors at the association’s General Assembly in Brussels, Belgium.
Michelle Brennan, Company Group Chair for Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Business in the EMEA region, was elected as the new Chair of the Board, succeeding Rob ten Hoedt, Executive Vice President & President, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) for Medtronic.
The new Operations Management Committee (OMC) includes:
- Rob ten Hoedt, Vice-Chair (Executive Vice President & President, EMEA Region – Medtronic)
- Jürgen Schulze, Vice-Chair (CEO and President EMEA – Sysmex)
- Kerstin Wagner, Vice-Chair (General Manager, Laboratory Diagnostics Central Europe, Russia, Middle East and Africa – Siemens)
- Meinrad Lugan, Treasurer (Chairman of the Board at BVMed & Member of the Managing Board – B. Braun)
- Christian Parry, Member (Member of the Board at SIDIV & Senior Vice President, Public Affairs – Stago)
- Philippe Jacon, Member (Executive Vice President International Commercial Operations – Cepheid)
Further members of the new Board of Directors comprise of:
- Greg Ahlberg (Vice-President Diagnostics Division Commercial Operations EMEA Region– Abbott)
- Ian Bell (President EMEA Region – Alcon/Novartis)
- Massimiliano Colella (President Europe and Canada – Smith & Nephew)
- Claude Dartiguelongue (President Microbiology Division – ThermoFisher Scientific)
- Michael Heuer (President EMEA-LATAM Diagnostics Region – Roche)
- Katarzyna Mazur (President EMEA Region – Zimmer Biomet)
- Yasha Mitrotti (Corporate Vice-President EMEA Region and Global Commercial Performance – bioMerieux)
- Stuart Silk (President EEMEA – LATAM Region – Stryker)
- Nicolas Chandellier (Member of the Managing Board – SNITEM – President and General Manager – BD)
- Peter Ellingworth (CEO – ABHI)
- Józef Jakubiec (Member of the Board of Directors – IPDDL)
- Philipp Lindinger (CEO – Austromed)
- Carlos Sisternas (Director – Fenin Catalunya)
- Martin Walger (CEO – VDGH)
MedTech Europe would like to thank the outgoing members of the Board for their major involvement in driving the association priorities forward: Paul Arnaoutis (SEIV – Pavlos Arnaoutis S.A.), Paloma Beltran (FENIN – Boston Scientific Spain), Brad Cannon (Smith & Nephew), John D. Coulter (Abbott Diagnostics), Bill Doherty (IMDA – Cook Medical), Lorenzo Fracassi (Assobiomedica – Dasit S.p.A.), Ugo Gay (DIASORIN S.P.A.), Denis Hansjacob (SNITEM – St Jude), Eszter Kacskovics SCA Hygiene Products AB), Norbert Krysiuk (IPDDL – Biomedica), Gabriele Mazzoletti (Assobiomedica – Abbott), Benny Ons (DIAGNED – BD), Markus Ott (SVDI/ASID – Ascensia), Antonio La Regina (Convatec), Jaume Serra (FENIN – Werfen), Lene Garde Sommer (Novo Nordisk), Julia Stubben (CVRx), Vicky Voulgaraki (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
About MedTech Europe
MedTech Europe is the European trade association representing the medical technology industries, from diagnosis to cure. Our members are multinational companies and national medical technology associations operating in Europe and worldwide.
There are more than 500,000 products, services and solutions currently made available by the medical technology industry. These range from bandages, blood tests and hearing aids to cancer screening tests, pacemakers and glucose monitors.
Our sector employs more than 650,000 people. There are more than 26,000 medical technology companies in Europe, of which 95% are SMEs.
For more information, please contact MedTech Europe’s Communications Senior Manager Jerick Parrone at [email protected]