MedTech Europe welcomes its new Board
Posted on 03.12.2021
The newly elected Board will lead MedTech Europe’s work with policymakers and relevant stakeholders to address today’s healthcare challenges and to make healthcare delivery more patient-centric, innovative and financially sustainable.
Following the General Assembly, Serge Bernasconi, CEO of MedTech Europe, said: “Under the leadership of the new Board, MedTech Europe will dedicate its efforts to promote an environment that supports healthcare innovation for the benefit of the people, of health systems and society at large”.
Rob ten Hoedt, Executive Vice President & President, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA) of Medtronic has been re-elected Chair of the Board. He will continue chairing the Operations Management Committee (OMC) together with:
- Hani Abouhalka – Vice-Chair – Johnson & Johnson, Company Group Chairman, Medical Devices EMEA
- Bronwyn Brophy – Vice-Chair – Thermo Fisher Scientific. Global President, Immunodiagnostics
- Fernando Davico* – Diasorin, Corporate VP Sales, EMEA, APAC & LATAM
- Meinrad Lugan – Treasurer – (B.Braun) BVMed, Member of the Board B. Braun SE (Germany – MD National Association)
- Christian Parry – (Stago) SIDIV, Senior Vice President, Public Affairs (France – IVD National Association)
- Stuart Silk – Stryker, President Europe, EEMEA, Latin America & Canada
Further members of the new Board are:
- Edita Apuokiene* – Abbott, DVP Core Diagnostics Europe
- Lucile Blaise – ResMed, VP Western EUROPE
- Pierre Boulud* – bioMérieux, Chief Operating Officer, Executive VP, Clinical Operations
- Bernard Colombo – Roche Diagnostics International, President EMEA LATAM
- Stephane Cotte – ConvaTec, SNITEM, VP International Continence and Infusion Care (France – MD National Association)
- Bill Doherty – Cook Medical, Irish MedTech, Executive Vice President (Ireland – IVD & MD National Association)
- Rika Dutau* – Cepheid, VP & General Manager EMEA Commercial Operations
- Sophie Dutilloy – Alcon, President of International Vision Care
- Cristiano Franzi* – Baxter, Senior Vice President and President, EMEA
- Peter Huntley* – Medicoindustrien, CEO (Denmark – MD National Association)
- Carlos Sisternas Suris – FENIN, Director (Spain – IVD & MD National Association)
- Alexander Socarras* – Siemens Healthineers, Executive VP, Head of EMEA Laboratory Diagnostics
- Bas Verhoef – Philips, Senior VP, Business Marketing & Sales Leader Image Guided Therapy Europe; Commercial Leader Image Guided Therapy Devices International
- Martin Walger – VDGH, Managing Director (Germany – IVD National Association)
*New Board member.
MedTech Europe would like to thank the outgoing members of the Board for their major involvement in driving the association priorities forward: Greg Ahlberg (Abbott), Nicolas Chandellier (BD – SNITEM), Didier Deltort (Zimmer Biomet), Philippe Jacon (Cepheid), Philipp Lindinger (Austromed), Yasha Mitrotti (bioMérieux), Eric Thepaut (Boston Scientific), Benoit Traineau (DiaSorin), Kerstin Wagner (Siemens Healthineers). The new Board will serve a two-year term.