First calls for projects for the Innovative Health Initiative (IHI)
Posted on 06.05.2022
21st June 2022: summer will shine on the new Innovative Health Initiative with the public launch of the first calls for project. The first four topics are open to public and private consortia associating big or small companies and a panel of public stakeholders like healthcare professionals, patients, academia, regulators, payers, procurers among others. The four topics are:
- Innovative patient-facing care pathways for patients with neurodegenerative diseases and comorbidities
- Next generation imaging and image-guided diagnosis and therapy for cancer
- Precision oncology: Innovative patient-centric, multi-modal therapies against cancer
- Access and Integration of heterogeneous health data for improved health care in diseases areas of high unmet public health need
The last two topics are open only for public consortia because the industry counterpart is already composed of companies that are members of the industry associations:
- New tools for prediction, prevention and monitoring of cardio-metabolic diseases including secondary manifestations to enable timely intervention
- Strengthening EU clinical development excellence and innovation attractiveness: Harmonised methodology to promote the uptake of early feasibility studies (EFS)
The six draft topic texts are publicly available on the IHI web site.
A public brokerage event is scheduled on 14th June with hybrid format and physically in Brussels.
If you miss the first calls, the next wave of IHI calls is expecting in December 2022.
For more information, please contact Patrick Boisseau Director General, Industry Strategic Initiatives.