An impact study commissioned by MedTech Europe and written by Deloitte found that the potential impact of AI could lead to significant positive outcomes for health systems: saving 400,000 lives yearly, accounting for €200 billion in annual savings, and freeing up to 1.8 billion working hours every year — the equivalent of having half a million additional full-time healthcare professionals.
MedTech Europe supports an AI regulatory system that:
- Increases the quality of patients’ outcomes and supports healthcare professionals
- Ensures efficiency and sustainability in healthcare systems
- Supports timely access to safe, effective, and innovative medical technologies
- Promotes research & development and innovation using AI technologies in Europe
- Ensures the competitiveness of European medical technology companies